Friday, May 9, 2008

April showers spring forth May Blossoms

i sure hope u're all doing well..
this month is chock full of emotions for moi.

roll out the drums o! am gushing with pride and joy! my two teenage mentees will be graduating high school with honors this month. (college bound in september)yeah!

mr my1 will be celebrating a buffday this month and it wud be two whole years we've been together.(how did that happen?)one of us is a saint.lol

am grappling with a friend's marriage breakdown. they seemed so perfect and happy together and yet they didn't make their 2nd annivesary!
theirs was the first wedding Mr my1 and i attended as a couple, his induction, according to my girl Udu and his first encounter with golden boy.(been meaning to blog about that)
am believing for God's intervention for them.(all prayers will be appreciated)

also grappling with another friend's serious health issues. (God is in control. more prayers o)





Brian Mcknight? heard some of his songs, thot he was a little nasal and whiny. that was until:

being dating this dude for two months after a two year sabbatical, he's sweet, nice, yada yada yada and a bit of stalkeraz. u'd think i wud be worried about the stalking and the eye lowjack, right? nope! i was miffed cos the dude hadn't made any attempt to kiss me!

as i drove to his house for the second time, with the intention of cutting him loose if he's still not willing to swap saliva. (ewwww!? na u sabi o)

he opened the door before i cud register a print on the doorbell, i quickly soften my eye as instructed by my girl Oyin(how? later! i have it down to a science)
as we entered the living room, the light dims and the music starts, no excuse me dance or nothing, dude just assumed the blues grip. i oblige thinking in my head(bush naija man!)
i asked him, who was singing. (this was not Barry white or Marvin Gaye)

he said: "just listen and pretend am singing to u."
midway into my rolleyes, the words registered!

i held my breath waiting for the song to end but it ended only to start again and again and again and again.
he raised my face to his just in time for me to see his lips leaving his face and coming at me in slow motion (twilight zone music)

as his mouth covered mine, my legs jellified...

thank goodness! my clothes didn't fall off! (yes o, it was that gooood)dude is a complete gentleman.

that's our first kiss and i became a Brian McKnight fan.





32 comments:

Chari said...

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!


eeeyaaa thank God for ut mentees o....

ghhmn!!!!!! Brian Mcknight *dreamy eyes* brings back memories

lemonade factory said...

sherri babe,it can only get sweeter.guess u ve been having a swell time. will update soon havent got much internet access at d moment thanks 4 checking,hope i get my delivery of my portion of rice nd assorted meat lol

Thirty + said...

Well done on your mentees.

Eeeewww at swapping saliva.

Babes I sent you a message did you get it.

Ma binu jo sis mi. Waiting for your reply

Chari said...

when u say mentees...does it mean that you paid their school fees?...

darkelcee said...

lollll@swap saliva,

as his mouth covered mine, my legs jellified...
and
thank goodness! my clothes didn't fall off!

awww, Thank god for your mentees.God will surely repay you.

Allied said...

why do i feel like swapping saliva after reading this?

Alied focus - u have a functional spec to write
:(

How are u?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Brian mcKnight huh?

laspapi said...

The man's got style.

So all the girls in my past I thought were getting cross-eyed on me were actually doing face-softening and waiting to swap saliva? Ah, I've been slow.

Anonymous said...

awwwww happy anniversay jare!!sad abt ur friend who didnt make her 2nd anniversary !

Anonymous said...

congrats on your mentees

LG said...

lol!@..as his mouth covered mine, my legs jellified...
*thank God for ur mentes*

*how u?*

Ms. emmotions said...

....and so i ve known deep inside me tha most of the ladies in blogvile are so romantic even in there writin,

i declare, sherri is so very romantic!!!

Smaragd said...

awww, that first kiss left me all dreamy... hmmmmmmmm. and i am on sabbatical!

congrats to the mentees and u.

Sherri said...

charizard*
ur prize awaits!
sounds like sweet memories.

sholap*
kilo n happen babe?
ma worry, ur delivery is a sure banker!
(cyberhug)

30+*
dem girls are fab o
u don't like swapping saliva? lol
which kain binu?
i don reply

charizard*
the program was for high risk teens(at risk of dropping out of high school)
money was the least of the problems these girls were facing.
not school fee per se, just petty petty expenses sha.
how u dey?

darkelcee*
yes o
the joy! is reward in itself o
thx

allied*
sweetie!
crazy! right?
i dey o
i have missed u

solo*
wetin? u no like am, not even the song? lol
how u dey?

laspapi*
abeg, what page is this move from in the playa's book? (cheeky smile)
lol @ cross-eyed girls from ur past.
slow is a winner with the right girl anyday.

pink satin*
thx luv
very sad!

lg*
lol!
thank God o
i dey, u?

ms emmotions*
ahh,
it was the dude doing the romancing now!lol

smaragd*
dream do come true o
sabbatical, highly recommended.
thx

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe that was nice and smooth!

I dey kampe o, u nko??

Wish your friends the best!

NikkiSab said...

He is such a romantic, a calculated one toooo...so sweet.

So saliva swapping was good eh? U naughty naijawoman..lol!!!

Jinta said...

your mr my1 is certainly the saint, no doubt in my mind.

notice you did not do the tag thing

Zayzee said...

been a while. how u dey.

welcome after the sabatical. wish u all u wish urself in it.

Sherri said...

Sewa*
he thot so too! lol
i dey o, thx babe
thx for the good wishes.

nikkisab*
no mind am o
it was! lol
how u dey?

jinta sweerie!*
no doubt eh?
tag? aaarggggg!
alright, u win! i ll do it pronto!
is this a conspiracy with papi?

uzezi*
how u be?

thx, sabbatical was in the past o

soupasexy said...

awwwwwwww that was sweet and romantic of him to do..did u say he was nigerian? srange..lol
lol @ swapping saliva.

TheAfroBeat said...

Haha, aunty Sherri, you make me laugh! Congrats on your 2 year mark o. Many more celebrations to come (Amen!) And your mentees are graduating...that's always a heart-warming moment.

As for your friends' health, what is wrong with him/her exactly? Just said a quick prayer for healing, so it is well!

I dey for my end o. work work, packing (relocating to the UK at the end of the month), and more work! Sha, God dey!

tk care and thanks for stopping by.

Chari said...

hey thanx sherri buh I've decided to keep on blogging...

Sherri said...

soupasexy*
yep! na naijaman o. lol
what's happening babe?

tab*
my sista from another mama!
thx o
my gf? she found a lump in one of her boobies, she's 28. thx for the prayer luv.(i will do a proper post soon)

relocating to the uk ke?
it is well sha. u know am so looking forward to meeting u, right?

i wish u abundant blessings and success in all u set ur hand to do.

cyberhug. (muah)

charizard*
sweetie!
i didn't want to rake like that o,(i tried to control myself sha)i wud have told u to tell her where to GO and what to do when she gets there! but i do understand that she's young too.(here i go again!)

neways, find urself, always be urself no matter what, people shud love u for u, not what they can make of u..

Anya Posh said...

hahaha, ok so is this the same dude you've been with for 2 years?
that's good stuff right there sherri girl! enjoy it! ;)

bumight said...

awwww big ups to Brian then!

Chari said...

its aii....thanx alot for rakin like d@... u definitely r a string part o ma blogfam...I dunno u buh mayn, I appreciate you...thanx I love it when peeps are straight and upfront with moi...

flawsandall said...

awww congrats to you and your my1(very creative name you gave him..not the conventional honey sweet,babes, bf etc)
and a happy birthday to him... i wish you guys many more years...and do quick so we will tie aso ebi..lol

flawsandall said...

*notice me*

lemonade factory said...

hello sis,just updated

Afrobabe said...

lol...didn't know u were still blogging, tot u had abandoned us..

So sorry about ur friends marriage, scares the hell out of me and makes one weary of getting married..

And ur boo....This is just the beginning...

Sherri said...

anyaposh*
yep!
thx babe

bumight*
def.
how u dey buffday girl?

charizard*
i appreaciated u first!
whazuuup?

zephi*
baby luv!
thx thx luv
aso ebi? u too with the pressure? lol

babe, u're too precious to be unnoticed.

shola*
hey luv
will be there on the triple..

afrolicious*
still blogging o
just a tad busy to do the rounds proper.
how u dey?

Buttercup said...

LOL! OMG i havent swapped saliva in AGES! nice blog btw, i hope i get to read ALL ur posts, time never seems to be on my side!