Friday, February 5, 2010

I miss the good old days!



Happy 2010 blogpeeps!

I miss the good old days!
does anyone remember the good old days? of rants and raves and thought provoking post, of virtual friendships that seemed real, of shamelessly falling in love with blogpersonas, of sisterhood bonds that inspired, stimulated and raised our collective consciousness.

anyone remember my girls, Belle, Zephi, shola pacheco, soupasexy, anyaposh, smarragad, ms. emotions, princessa, isi, allied, nikkisab, the afrobeat, paradigm, honeywell, miss pumping, omosewa, oluwadee,guerienenaija, ndq, xena, darkelce, nyemoni and afroliciuos? (did i miss anyone?)
i know 30+, 36,fq and solo are still blogging and pinksatin makes sporadic postings here and there. all am saying is, the state of the sisterhood has changed. what did u say? i have changed? of course! don't be ridiculous! am older, not any wiser and more opinionated than ever!

even the brodas are not blogging like before! Naapali just hopped and left, no sighting of bro nimmo, carl is on a cruise, charizard hitched his wag with burracup, rumor is swirling that jinta skipped town with some chick..., laspapi? he's sorta blogging i think! like i said the landscape of blogville has changed.

goodnaijagirl, did u think i forgot about u? never babe! big ups for holding down blogeria. u are so lovable!

greetings to all u newbies, and not so newbies,

Bellebellebelle, where fore art thou? still missing u babe!
mizopekemizopekemizopeke please come back oh. luv ya!
Jinta Jinta Jinta please come back, i miss u!luv ya!

8 comments:

Good Naija Girl said...

A lot of the bloggers you miss are people who left or weren't really blogging by the time I joined blogville...wish I had been around when they were there!

Thanks for the shoutout. I wish you'd blog more often but I'm sure you're busy doing lots of great things.

Anya posh is still blogging...she has two blogs now actually. I stumbled across her name the other day but I didn't note the address.

Anonymous said...

I so miss those days too Sherri.The funny thing is i also miss the blogville era before i became a blogger.I miss Imoted,Taurean minx,Mosaic,Belle,Bent out of Shape, Baba alaye, calabar girl, Cheetarah,Mimi,London Buki, Last king of Scotland,Naija dude,Aba boy, fine boy...just to mention a few.I think everyone was pretty excited when blogger came around and we all poured our hearts into it and now its such a struggle to psot anything up.I take blogging as it comes, i dont feel the need to post regularly except i have something to say.I hope you are doing great.Its been a while since i came to your page

Anonymous said...

...i also feel you about the virtual friendship, there was also always excitement in the air on blogville.I miss the drama as well...Damn...we had so much drama on blogville, especially amongst bloggers who knew each other personally!

Sherri said...

Gng,
i wish were too babe,u wud have loved it.
those were the days!

off to seek out anya, thanx for the guguru.

hope u're doing well

Pinksateen,
yesso, those were the days!

please stay put nah!
ok, i beg u o
are u going to make me grovel?

have u ever called a friend only to discover she has either changed her phone # or her phone has been disconneted?
nevermind that u don't call her as often as she wud like but, u still felt deserted. jented?
well, that how i feel everytime u skip blogville.

i miss uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Jinta said...

lol, the way you reeled those names out smacks of an elephantine memory. i fear o.

who said i skipped town? i got lazy, perhaps tired, however, now that i know you're still in town, my inspiration is reinvigorated.

Sherri said...

@jinta
nice to see u dude!
the invigoration is mutual o

she u dey?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

some of those bloggers you mention are poking their heads in and out, but you are right, the landscape has changed.

But, we can't complain, people come, people go and some of us try to hang in there.

How you dey, sis?

I'm begging you for an update. And, thanks so much for even mentioning me. U know say dem don begin dey call me grandmama blogger oh. Kai, I don suffa....lol!

Anya Posh said...

hmmm, sherri my dear we dey o! blogville just ain't the same anymore. remember the days of kokoletta & ubongDa, porter de harcourt, and zephi fahrenheit? men, I miss the old folks who mastered the art of blogging.

I still blog once in a while, for me these day life has taken over & I have the discussions in my head because it's so much harder to articulate convoluted thoughts. Hopefully, we all return at some point!

All my missing bloggers, it's never too late to come back. We won't judge you even though you've been away for so long. Come back to us.