Thursday, October 11, 2007

contd

wouldn't you believe it!
exactly a week later, i got another bouquet of flowers with a card saying "can't get u off my mind" along with a fone#
so i picked up the phone and called udu who's now back from her trip(she was quite miffed she missed the previous drama and my not calling her)

me:i just got another one o
udu: another what?
me: delivery now
udu:hmm, are u sure it's not golden boy? (mr i don't eat mede mede)
me: why would he use a diff name?
udu:are u spooked again?
me:are u kidding?
udu:abeg no worri jo. abeg o me i want the dinner wey u owe me today today o
me:wareva, u have any place in mind?
udu:o tun nna, (u 're still haggling) see u later.

the dinner with udu was a sharp contrast to my dinner with oyin exactly a week ago.
she regaled me with juicy details of her trip.(wish i could post about it,i know she will kill me for sure. lol)
she reeled out fabu after fabu thru out the night(yes o she 's the fabulaxer in my hair)the people at the next table told the waiter they wanted whatever we were having..
after dinner, she informed me she was sleeping over at my house to catch up on gist despite the fact that it was a week night and we both had to work the next day. i happily agreed knowing sleeping was not in the equation.
after gisting all night we concluded, no, udu reasoned there was no reason to be afraid, she said (like she would know)stalkers do not set out to harm their victims, they end up harming them only when the victims don't use common sense, it sounded good as illogical as it was.
so we agreed i would call him and stay friendly at a distance.
i didn't get a chance to call him the next day cos of an emergency at work, so i kept putting it off mainly cos i had no idea what to say.

after a whirlwind of a week, that friday night a group of us decided to meet for dinner after work to celebrate at a well known watering hole. amid the merriment,a familiar dude approached our table, i quickly remembered meeting him at the Princeton Club a couple of weeks ago, he came over to say hello, one oyinbo chic hugged him rather tightly to our amusement, he made as if to hug me so i politely shook his hand.we made small talk about the event and as he was leaving he handed me his card which i tucked into my bag.

after dinner,as we were leaving he came over to ask if i can join him for a drink, i tried to feign tiredness but my colleagues edged me on telling him i was Cinderella as i don't stay out past midnight, so i agreed to have a drink even tho i don't drink.
as it turned out i had a fab time with him. i was just bummed he didn't ask for my digits as we bade each other goodnite..

he waltzed across my mind a couple of times all weekend.. i mentioned this to my girls (big mistake!)they all chorused: why u got to wait for him to ask for ur digit?
u should have given it to him jo, dudes want u to show some interest too...yada yada (roll eyes, hiss, more hiss)so i decided not to tell them i have his card.i know udu would def have put a knife to my neck to call him.

i arrived at the office monday morning to find another delivery, this time not flowers, a box of Godiva chocolates with a mylar balloon. anyone who know me,would tell you, i love good chocolate, i will do anything, well, almost anything for a good piece of chocolate.
curiously i opened the card, it read:thanks for the best evening of my life.
please return my call. my heart sank. it's from the nutso i had yet to call..
just then my oyinbo colleague(the overhugger)walked into my office and started talking about friday night,how she used to work with him and really likes him(i'm thinking: she's got jungle fever!!) she wanted every detail of my drink with--- she said his name, the name of the nutso!
turns out that, the oyinbo dude who introduced us at the Princeton club butchered his name so badly it became another name..

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherri said...

RETRACTION:
my girl oyin is not nuts....

Miss Opeke said...

The ball is in your court...you either play it or pass it to the next person...

Sherri said...

@miss opeke
thanks my sista,
i'm seeking divine guidance.

Anonymous said...

i love this story...

oya, where's the rest of the gist?!!!

Sherri said...

@belle,
i dey come o
how u dey?

laspapi said...

I'm wondering...he's not a stalker, just a guy who liked you at the first meet, whose company you obviously enjoy...

He's elaborate sha, all these butter boys...chocolates and flowers and a phone. He's been watching "Hitch"?

All the best with this situation, sherri

Sherri said...

hey papi,
yes o
phone?
i have yet to see hitch'
will def rent it this wknd.
come to think of it, most guys i know have been putting in a great deal of effort on the romance dept, even tho it's not always in good taste. lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i'm good... but waiting for your update :-/

flawsandall said...

im confused...let me go read again and read the previous post again.....arrrggggggggg, I amlacking comprehension today..not your fault...
oh btw thanks for stopping by my blog

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.