Wednesday, October 3, 2007

the delivery was perplexing cos i am known to have excellent memory,actually short of being photographic my memory power should be rated really high...
so u can understand why it was troubling not remembering going on a date with this person,also as i have not been on date in over two months.(it was more like an interview for domestic help than a date..lol, incidentally,he too sent flowers the next day apologising for his behavior and some crap about giving him a chance b4 writing him off. yada yada yada....)
the more i racked my brains for who it could be the more freakier it became, someone knows my full name, my office, what else do they know?
amid the ohhs and aahs of how gorgeous the arrangement was, i was contemplating tossing them in the nearest bin as my paranoia peaked..
i was finally able to settle down and actually get some work done and put the "delivery" on the back burner. that is until the end of the day.
my dinner with oyin didn't help matters at all. to say the girl has an active mind will be putting it really mildly, the girl is nuts!
she conjured up all kinds of wild and crazy scenarios, nothing with any semblance to love or romance. by the end of dinner she had me wound up so tight, my head was spinning. u should have heard her, "i knew it!this ur mouth eh? u had to tell it like it is! miss independent!(shake head,roll eyes...)
i had to keep grabbing the table to keep me from reaching across and strangling her.
once I'd had enough i thanked her for her kind support and made my way home.(she later called and offered to spend the night with me, me: no thanks! )
i went home,relaxed, prayed, and activated my alarm system for the first time in months before settling in for the night.

by the next day i was more at peace and have conclude it must be a prank. so i was completely caught off guard when a call came thru my line, picked up the phone, it was the person who sent the flowers asking when and where to pick me up! omg! i must have sounded really dense, cos i said ' i don't remember going on a date with u cos i have no idea who u are! he found it rather amusing, cos he asked if had been speed dating,me: ?
him:u must go on lots of dates to not remember them all?
me:? (getting annoyed)listen, i have no time for this.
he then went on to describe the first date:we had a beautiful meal in classy place, we looked into each other's eyes all night, we briefly held each other's hands, intellectual convo was flowing, a very nice evening except u didn't let me kiss u goodnight. remember now?
me:i would!if it happened!
now I'm thinking he's a psycho and i better find a way to get rid of him without incident.
him:OK.so how about that date?
me:my schedule is rather tight right now.oh, thanks for the flowers, they were beautiful.
him:the brush off eh?
me:not at all. take care.
click. whew!

5 comments:

laspapi said...

he can't be well o! if no date took plce and he insists he 'remembers', you must be careful.

How are you doing now?

Sherri said...

hey papi,
i dey o. u?
he's def nutso.

Anonymous said...

and then, and then?!!!

you left us hanging...:-/
fun read though.... looking forward to next installment

wait, thought this would have a romantic ending, but judging from your last comment...

Sherri said...

@belle,
alahu now!!lol

laspapi said...

'papi, checking in...