Wednesday, December 12, 2007

finally! man in my bed!

it's not what u think o



momsie agreed to babysit my cousin's 5yr old son for the weekend knowing fully well of my reservations.
so, i came home friday night to find the cute as a button dude whom i haven't seen since he was in diapers even tho i speak to him regularly on the phone .

as i walked in the door, he rushed to hug me (did i not read someplace that boys didn't display affection?)

before i could take my coat off, he insisted on showing me all the drawings and writings he had done with momsie, the dude wanted me to watch him draw all kind of funny looking figurines including one of me walking on stilts and carrying a suitcase on her wrist . lol

from the drawing we moved to the living room where he asked me all manner of questions about anything and everything!

him: how come u live all alone in this big house?

me: i like living alone

him:why?

me: i just do

him: how come u don't have any kids?

me: cos I'm not married (wrong answer!)

him: my mom's not married and she has a kid!

me: i know, emm emm.. here's a nice show! i will be right back

i quickly dashed up the stairs to my room.

later, i asked momsie when his bedtime was, she didn't know, will he be ok sleeping alone in the spare bedroom? (his mom didn't write down any instructions?)

momsie said we'll know when he's tired and if he can't sleep alone he can sleep with her (okay!)

eleven o clock came, momsie was fast asleep on the couch and the dude in his spiderman pajamas showed no sign of tiredness!

i announced it was bedtime, woke momsie up and we all went up the stairs, i put dude in the spare bedroom with the nitelight on and door open.

as i made to leave, he declared "we didn't pray! so we prayed o (the boy can pray!)

"father God, thank u for my mommy, my daddy, me, my auntie sherri, grandma and grandpa, mrs goldstein, all the poor children of the world, give us rest as we sleep thru the nite. in Jezuz name! amen" ( we hugged, and kissed goodnight)

i gingerly made my nightly cup of herb tea, ready to snuggled in bed with a book with the tv on as usual, my phone rings, it's oyin trying to get me to change my mind about going to some party that night ( after partying 2 nights back to back last weekend for my bday, i was looking forward to a weekend of vegging and nothing was going to change that)

as i finally i cozy up with my book and tv, dude bounded into my room asking " can i sleep with u? pleassssse?" (which kin wahala be this?)

within a matter of five minutes, dude was fast asleep!(thank God)

15 comments:

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

my sister half bread is better than none LMAO!!!!!!!!
u are lucky he didnt tell u to read him bed-time stories before passing out.
babes have a lovely weekend o!
sorry, i dont come here as i often as i'd love to. the stress of lagos eh? na wa!
take care!

Sherri said...

@isi,
yes o
the next morning was the real test o
i will post the rest of the gist later sha.
i quite understand about lagos and stress and i don't live in lagos.
take care babe...

Miss Opeke said...

Don't U juz love them...they always have billions and billions of questions to ask and u juz feel like using duck tape to seal their mouth...but their cute smile juz melts ur heart.

Thanx for stopping by my blog and leavin' ur thoughts on the post...

desperate lady said...

Awwwwwwwwww he reminds me of my nephew. Boys show affection a lot, especially to women. You should boys and their mamas.
Girl small or big, at least u got a man in your bed, I aint got none yet. I should go pick up my nephew now.
Thanks for stopping by mine, love urs already so ill go read all ur posts.

Naapali said...

You berra watch that boy!

Sherri said...

@miss opeke,
yes o
the boy dey too cute and triple sharp o
thanks babe

desperate lady,
i guess i have lot to learn.
thanks for stopping by
i go waka come again.
@naapali,
the boy is three cute!
thanks for stopping by
will check u out proper.

UnNaked Soul said...

is he adorable? LOL

Sherri said...

@unnaked,
he is so unnakedly adorable!! lol
how u?

laspapi said...

I think you absolutely love the young man.

Carlang said...

SHucks.You guys sound so cute together.
You also sound like you're a sucker for kids.
lol.
I'm dfferent. i'm terrified of kids below the age of three.
If they;re to young to understand..
Keep Quiet.
DOnt do that.
Dont pour cerelac on my laptop!

..Then i dont want them near me.

I'm thinking when i get married i'll order a 5 year old daughter...
That's the plan!!

little miss me said...

lol @ carlang ordering a 5year old daughter..
he really sounds like a hand full but u seem to kinda be drawn to him somehow,maybe its some innate maternal instinct..kids at that age could really be adorable and a pain in the ass all at once

i think this is my first time on your blog. enjoyed reading.

Sherri said...

@laspapi,
he's very lovable,
more like, irresistible!

@carlang,
he's sooooooooo cute!
am still petrified of babies o
i was the "wicked witch" growing up, kids just steered clear of me. (wicked smile)

i think,this dude's just special or am loosing my touch..

i hear u need a made to order wife first, before they can let u order a daughter. lol (goodluck with that dude)

@ little miss me,
yes o,
maternal instinct i didn't know i had!
thanks

desperate lady said...

Babe update pleaaaaaase

Sherri said...

@desperate,
allow now!lol

Sherri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.